Questions on the tax increase for a new John Evans
- The proposed site at 65th Ave and 37th St would require a minimum of $ 4-6 million for infrastructure (taps, curb, gutter sidewalks ect.) in addition to the cost of the building.
- The current site already has the infrastructure, so building on that site would be
$ 4-6 million cheaper.
- Could the land at 37th St and 65th Ave be sold to help offset the cost of the new building at the current site?
- How much did Union ColonyCharter Schooljust spend on their new elementary school located on 11th Ave? Why were they able to build it without tax revenues? Could the district follow in the footsteps of other private and charter schools and build a cheaper, yet adequate building (say a metal building)?
- Could Cameron Elementary be utilized for all or part of the John Evans students? The alternative high school has been housed in an elementary school, why not a middle school then? The cost to renovate this school is a small fraction of the cost to build a new school-especially to BEST Grant standards.
- Why are all new charter school applicants required to build EAST of 23rd Ave, yet District 6 wants to put the new middle school far WEST of 23rd Ave?
- How many empty buildings inGreeley could serve more than adequately at a fraction of the cost of this project?
* Administrations, like politicians, routinely manipulate numbers including construction costs, number of students bussed, “necessary” expenses………………….