White man indicted for “knockout game” while official downplay Black attacks

By Jack Minor –

 

 

A white man from Houston has received the dubious honor of being the first person indicted on a hate crime charge for engaging in what has been called the “knockout game.”

 

Last week, a federal grand jury indicted 27 year old Conrad Alvin Barrett on hate crime charges for allegedly slugging a 79 year old black victim, and breaking his jaw in two places as part of a Nov. 24 attack. Authorities claimed Barrett laughed and shouted “knockout” as the man fell down to the ground.

 

Authorities went on to say that Barrett video recorded the attack on his cell phone and shared it with others.

 

The word “knockout” refers to what has become known as the “knockout game” where a group of blacks go around look for a member of another race, typically a white person and beat and hit them until they are knocked out. The goal of the “game” is to knock them out with a single punch if possible.

 

Colin Flaherty, author of “White Girl Bleed a Lot: the Return of Racial Violence to America and How the Media Ignore It,” has thoroughly document how the knockout game is predominantly committed by black youth in America.

 

The most recent case involved a incident in Denver, Colorado, on New Year’s Eve. Police identified one of at least four victims as Nick Lloyd, who “was waiting for a ride with a friend near 20th and Market n streets when they were both punched in the face,” Denver’s ABC channel 7 said. “the blow fractured his face in several places and broke his jaw on both sides.”

 

The Denver Post attempted to obfuscate the race of the attackers by saying the attacks were “random” and refused to release the race of the alleged perpetrators of the crime.

 

When similar attacks have happened in other cities the media and oftentimes even police and government authorities go out of their way to downplay the races of both the victim and attacker. However, in this case Denver Police Department Sonny Jackson was not afraid to tackle the race issue.

 

“All we have is assaults by black males, so we need more details. That’s why we’re asking for the community’s help,” Jackson said.

 

Some have noted that with all the documented cases of blacks participating in the knockout game, it is interesting that the first and only person to be prosecuted on hate crime charges is the single white person found to have engaged in the knockout game.

This entry was posted in General News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to White man indicted for “knockout game” while official downplay Black attacks

  1. joe says:

    Who? You and your cat? Nice journalism.

    “Some have noted that with all the documented cases of blacks participating in the knockout game, it is interesting that the first and only person to be prosecuted on hate crime charges is the single white person found to have engaged in the knockout game.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *